Have you ever felt like God told you to do something? You set out to do it and you hit one obstacle after another. And you’re wondering, “What in the world is He thinking?” Or perhaps you begin to doubt you heard right. Maybe my story will be of some comfort to you…
In 2009, while enjoying some spiritual time, I heard these words in my mind, “Help the Light Bearers. The world can’t see Me, but it can see them.”
I wasn’t exactly sure how I was supposed to help the Light Bearers, but what was coming to me at the time was an understanding of who Light Bearers are, and the process we go through to become an instrument in God’s hands.
The first solid thing that came for me was a book — a roadmap to help Light Bearers understand who they are, what’s happening to them, and what they’re here to do — Light the World, How Your Brilliance Can Shift the Planet.
In the fall of 2012, I guess God wanted me to “get down to business” with His instruction because that’s when the internet completely shifted. My bread-winning site became obsolete, and I chose to make my “Light Bearer passion” the central focus of business.
I immediately went to work trying to assist Light Bearers. A funny thing happened… which really wasn’t so funny to me… I hit one obstacle after another. What I used to know and how I used to do things were not working.
I felt like I dove off a cliff expecting to fly. Only I didn’t fly. I plummeted like a stone. I had no system. No clarity. I had a roadmap of the Light Bearer process, but that wasn’t a system. It wasn’t a clear deliverable that I could build a business around. And believe me, I tried.
I think Light Bearers do this a lot. We have this ethereal “aha” or insight and think that’s enough to build a business around. It’s a wonderful thing, but it’s not solid. People need something practical if they’re going to invest their time, energy and money to work with you or learn from you.
I knew I didn’t have a clear system. But I knew, somehow, someway, I had to get one! To begin with, I wasn’t sure what system the Light Bearers needed. Over the course of two years, I did quite a bit of private consulting with Light Bearers and created a lot of products and programs. To me (and for those who follow me) it probably looked like I was jumping from one thing to another — everything from creating your own amazing life, to your amazing body, to breaking through to radiance, to book consulting and now product development.
Maybe you’re looking at me wondering, “What in the world do these things have in common?” The funny thing about the way God leads (at least the way He leads me) is it’s rarely linear. And He rarely says, “Ok, here’s the big picture of what we’re going to build.” Only after the fact do you step back and say, “Oh, NOW I get what we were building!”
I’m at one of those vistas now. Finally, I can say, “I have my systems in place! Yay!” And the pieces fit together. So I’ll share what I’ve discovered from talking to, consulting with, and training Light Bearers over the last two years. Hopefully, in iterating it to you, both you and I will gain some added clarity about the method to God’s madness.
There are 5 things an Entrepreneurial Light Bearer Needs:
1) Clarity about who you are and what you’re here to do.
- Light the World: How Your Brilliance Can Shift the Planet (book)
- You’re Here for a Reason: Discover & Live Your Purpose (book)
2) A clearly defined, tangible, duplicatable system that is conveyed in programs, products, books, training, etc.
- Create a WOW Book
- How to Create a Program in a Week Or Less (High Octane Version)
- How to Create a Program Around Your Expertise (Private VIP Option)
3) Enough energy and stamina to live out your mission. Your body’s got to be healthy enough keep up with the vision!
4) Get out of God’s way and let Him work through you. Meaning, release the limiting beliefs, fears, and past trauma so you can move forward and fulfill your life’s work.
5) Get the word out about what you have to offer — in a word, “Marketing”
I hope you’ll join me for one of my upcoming trainings. I’m excited to help you shine as brightly as possible and deliver your brilliance to those who so desperately need it!
- The next Break Through to Radiance starts Monday, November 3rd. Details here…
- The next How to Create a Program in a Week or Less High Octane Version starts Monday, November 10th. Details here.
- The others can be scheduled around your needs.
Do you need more cash flow in your business? Would you like to sell more of your products, services and programs, but you really despise the sales process?
You may think if you put your stuff out there enough, people will come and buy. A few people might, but certainly not as many as would if you actually educated them on your offer and asked for the sale.
When I ran IdeaMarketers, I was great at sales. If I got someone on the phone, the majority of the time, they’d sign up for my service. But when I let IdeaMarketers go and started over with the aim of “helping the Light Bearers,” my business suffered. It seemed like I couldn’t sell a pair of boots to a barefoot man in the frozen Colorado Rockies.
What happened? Had I lost my Midas Touch? No, the root problem was a lack of clarity. Here’s what I learned … If I’m fuzzy, the buyer is fuzzy. And confused people don’t buy. If I’m floundering around unsure of what I’m selling, people aren’t going to buy — especially not consistently. But when I’m SUPER-CLEAR about what my offer is and the benefits of it, the sales process becomes simple.
I like the restaurant example. If you walk into a restaurant, ask the waiter for a menu, and he hem-haws around saying they don’t have one, how long will you stay in that restaurant? Your stomach will swiftly lead you elsewhere to a restaurant that has a menu and knows what they can feed you. Sounds obvious – right? But, I can’t tell you how many people do this in their businesses. Heck, I did it!
That was before I got super clear and learned to convey that clarity with precision in a systematic way.
Click the short video below. In it I share what I learned about the sales process and the system that turned things around for me … enabling me to sell my products and programs easily.
To get my templated system for creating sales presentations, webinars and sales pages, please join me for my next “How to Sell Your Products and Programs with Ease” training.
In my Free Video Training, “How to Create a Product in a Week OR Less“ I talk about the system I use for creating programs fast. It’s a duplicatable system you can use over and over again for all your future programs and products.
I do want to say though, that not everyone is ready to do something like this. At the 22:34 minute mark in my video I ask you a series of questions to help you determine if you’re ready to leverage your knowledge into programs and products.
How would you answer the following questions? Or could you answer the following questions:
1) “I help people solve what problem?” What problem do people struggle with that you can solve? You may help people solve multiple problems, but could you pick one?
2) “Who do I help?” Describe this person in as much detail as you can.
3) “I help them by teaching them what?” Could you break it down into three steps or points?
4) “And here are the results they get…” What kind of results do people get from working with you?
5) Name 1-3 people you have helped who have received positive results from working with you.
If you can answer those questions, you’re ready for my system of creating products in a week or less.
If you can’t answer those questions, here’s a little homework you can do to get ready to leverage your influence through my duplicatable product creation system.
1) Start a Focus Group – think of 2-5 people who fit the audience you’d like to work with.
2) Take Your Focus Group through the Process - Invite the list of people to participate in your training. You might put them in a group and help them together in 1-3 phone calls. If you’d rather, you can work with them one-on-one. It doesn’t have to be as a group format. Offer participants your training in exchange for them giving you feedback and testimonials (assuming they benefit from working with you).
3) Give participants an assessment before you work with them. This is as simple as several questions asking them to rate themselves on a scale of 1-5 in different areas that relate to the problem you intend to solve.
4) Give participants the same assessment again at the end of the training to see how they improved.
5) Document the process. Record your calls. Hang onto any handouts or items you create for them.
6) Ask for testimonials.
Now you have a process. You know whether it works and you hopefully have some glowing testimonials you can use.
Once you’ve done this (or something similar to it), you’re ready to offer training programs that can be resold as a product. To learn more about How to Create a Product in a Week Or Less, get my Free Video Training here.
If you’ve already watched the video training and want to get started, go here. Btw, in the video training, I offer bonuses to the first 10 people who enroll. At this point there are 7 of these spots left.
Again, those bonuses are:
1) I will conduct a Google Hangout On Air with you. I’ll interview you about your expertise and product. I’ll promote the hangout to my social media lists. I’ll record it and provide the video complete with captions inserted to direct people to your sales page. You can use the video
- on social media,
- on your blog,
- as an irresistible free offer to get people on your list.
- I’d also be happy to strip the audio for you and you can use it as a podcast.
2) Your Webinar Hosted on GoToMeeting. My friend Donna Blevins has graciously offered to host your preview Webinar on her GoToMeeting account.
Again these two bonuses only go to the first 10 people who enroll. At this moment, there are 7 spots still available. Click here to grab your spot.
In this episode of the “Marnie and Sue Peep Show” (where we pull back the curtains on our online businesses) Sue Painter and I talk about
- how to pre-qualify your prospects
- why it’s good to have a client avatar (aka ideal customer description)
- and the myths and realities of creating a “lifestyle business.”
Be notified of upcoming shows and receive show notes. Subscribe to our updates:
In Episode 4 of our Online Business Reality Show, Sue Painter and I give you a look behind the scenes in our online businesses. This episode talks about
– Titling your book
– Reinventing your business
– How to bring in quick sales
– and more!
Be notified of upcoming shows and receive show notes. Subscribe to our updates:
My friend Sue Painter and I recorded a new episode of our “Online Business Reality Show” while we were together at NAMS in Atlanta:
Here’s what we talk about in this 16 minute episode:
* What you can gain from attending a live event
* Why you should NOT attend every single session
* How to be client attractive
* Whether to fall for the pitches to buy products and services that are made from the stage at live events.
To receive notifications of our upcoming episodes, please fill out the short form below:
The online marketing landscape is changing. Anyone who’s been in business online for any length of time knows that what worked yesterday isn’t working as well today. Technology is always changing and there are new tools and resources available.
It can be tough for entrepreneurs to keep up with it all. What REALLY works for small business owners TODAY? And what do small business owners really think of some of the deals they are offered by other internet marketers?
Sue Painter and I love to chat on Facebook about what’s working in our businesses, what has been a total failure, and how we really feel about life and work. In a conversation last week we decided to take it public – ALL of it. Welcome to the Marnie and Sue Peep Show – two successful internet marketer’s unscripted chats about the good, the bad, the ugly and the sad of being a small business owner.
In our first video chat we talk about:
- Whether participating in collaborative books is worth it.
- Why we think live events and social media can help you grow your business.
- How to keep from being so hard on yourself and how we make self-care a priority.
- What’s is it like to see your multiple six-figure business literally disappear overnight due to a change in Google? (This actually happened to one of us and you’ll hear about it in the first Peep Show episode.
We’re brutally honest, pulling back the curtains and chatting for 15 minutes to half an hour every week. No holds barred. And we’ll answer your questions, too, by the way.
Want to play? Here’s where you go to register and we’ll send you a time each week when you can join us live. If you can’t make it we’ll send you the link to watch later, too.
I’ve suffered from it, my clients seem to experience it, maybe you have too… it’s The Savior Complex. At first blush, you might say, “No way! I know who the Savior is and I’m not Him.” But take a moment to ask yourself these questions:
- When my children experience major setbacks, do I feel like a failure as a parent? Do I blame myself for their mistakes, emotionally flogging myself for long periods of time?
- When I see other people making mistakes, do I feel an intense need to help them fix their lives?
- Do I spend a lot of time wanting good things for others that they don’t seem to want for themselves?
– Do I take a lot on my shoulders because, “no one else will do it and somebody has to?”
– Do I feel like it’s not hard for me to take on more because I seem to be able to handle it better than others?
- Do I step in to fix things for my children, rather than letting them work through consequences?
– Do I feel uneasy about consulting or coaching clients because I really want them to get results and when they don’t I feel responsible?
– Do I feel like I must continue to fix my children’s problems once they are grown and out of the house?
- Do the challenges and struggles that my friends and loved ones face take away my peace, causing hours of worry or anxiety?
– When I’m around people who are depressed or dealing with heavy issues, do I take on their problems and feel what they are feeling at a deeper level than other people seem to?
– Bottom line, am I owning other people’s stuff?
If any of these sound familiar, you may be suffering from the “Savior Complex.” The first step to a cure is understanding that each person is responsible for his or her own life.
The only person you are responsible for long term is yourself. You aren’t on this planet to fix your spouse, your children, your friends, your customers or the world. The only person you have complete control over is you. If that’s true for you, then it’s true for everyone else.
I’ll be talking more about the Savior complex and helping you break through it in my “Breakthrough to Radiance Series” starting July 15th. If you’re going to leave the legacy you want, an important step is releasing the Savior Complex. If you don’t, you’ll soon be overburdened and the load will strain your health and diminish your light. Please join me for “Breakthrough to Radiance” Starting July 15th…
I love what my friend Eileen Voyles is doing to build future entrepreneurs of America at Hungry Howie’s Pizza in Chattanooga, Tennessee. She’s offering “future business owner” field trips to local schools. This was so well planned and inspiring. You really need to check into it for your child’s school if you live in the Chattanooga / Northwest Georgia area.
Eileen had this video made from the footage she asked me to take last week. It’s so fun to see it all brought together here!
Way to go Eileen! Keep up the great work! Entrepreneurial-ism will save the U.S.A!
As of February 1, 2014, all of my business activities are focusing on supporting Christian Entrepreneurs. This has been met positively by many, but there has been one question raised at least twice… once by a Christian and once by someone who doesn’t consider herself a Christian.
Question: Now that you’re focusing on supporting Christian entrepreneurs does that mean you will ONLY be promoting Christians?
Short answer: NO.
Long answer: There are three objectives to the Light the World Movement:
1. Support Christian entrepreneurs in strengthening their connection with God, themselves and each other so that together we can prepare this planet for Christ’s coming.
2. Build a community of Christian entrepreneurs to network with, learn from and support one another in being the lights we’re here to be.
3. Bring educational resources and tools to Christian entrepreneurs so they can be more successful in their businesses and thus reach more people.
While the language, illustrations and principles I use will be Christian friendly, those who are not Christian can still benefit from what I teach. If they are comfortable with my language, they are always welcome.
I’m focusing on Christian entrepreneurs so I can
- be more myself,
- share from the heart and
- delve deeper into spiritual principles that bring God’s power into our lives and businesses.
When it comes to objective three, I want to make it clear that I will continue to introduce experts to my audience who are NOT Christian.
Why? Let me explain…
In the last 18 years in business, I’ve met the most amazing individuals from diverse beliefs and backgrounds. Some are Christian, others are not. Many of my dearest friends and colleagues would not call themselves Christian. I have learned an immense amount from these people. Priceless treasures of wisdom and practical knowledge have been imparted to me by them. They have stood by my side through thick and thin. They are wonderful people with value to offer. I’m excited to introduce them to my community.
God loves them, and I love them. Someone’s religion or belief system has never been a factor in determining whether I feel the call to befriend, promote or associate with someone. Their value to God, to my audience or to me is not filtered through a sieve of their spiritual beliefs or religious allegiance.
I stand by the motto, “Truth is truth where ever we find it.”
If you’re a mature individual who has learned to search diligently in the Light of Christ to discern truth wherever it may be found, then you will appreciate what I’m offering.
If you’re a Christian entrepreneur who is teachable and open minded you’ll like it here. If you enjoy exploring ideas and philosophies that are outside the box, can glean what rings true, and release what doesn’t, then you’ll enjoy my community.
My Soap Box
We can’t be the light of the world with a basket over our heads. We can’t be the salt of the earth if we stay clumped in our churches.
The entire premise behind the Light the World Movement is to unite good people who are sharing liberating messages with the world. Light Bearers can be from many beliefs and backgrounds. Just because I have decided to focus on assisting Christian entrepreneurs (because I can dive deeper into the power available to us through Christ), does not mean I intend to alienate a large group of individuals who do not consider themselves Christian, but who have value to offer.
Christian entrepreneurs need to know how to create information products, market themselves, write marketing copy, express gratitude, sell, navigate change, learn to be leaders and a myriad of other skills.
Imagine for a moment that I decided to only focus on helping plumbers build their businesses. They need help with accounting, marketing and copywriting. Would everyone I brought to them for educational purposes have to be a plumber? Certainly not!
I have a powerful network of individuals who can help my audience do those things. They are good, honest people who offer value. They are the cream of the crop. They have the right to worship God according to the dictates of their own consciences … or not. I claim the same privilege and honor your right to believe as you wish as well.If we want to take this world in a positive direction, good people have to start working together. It’s time we stopped judging others, opened ourselves up to multiple perspectives, and learned to discern truth by the Spirit.
The heart of my message is that we MUST learn to live by the Spirit. We must let go of anything in ourselves that obstructs it. With the Spirit, truth is obvious.
Not every business idea is one you should implement — even if an expert teaches it. Not every spiritual philosophy is one that you’ll need to implement either. You must let the Spirit guide you toward what is right for you.
I invite the honest in heart, who stand for freedom, love and light to come together in effecting positive change on the planet. With God’s power working through us, this world can be healed…. This is the Light the World Movement and what IgnitePoint.com is all about. If this resonates with you, please join us!